How to hire and excute
1: use your instict, what you want, what you're using.
the No.1 broken reason
- good co-founders>solo found>bad co-founders
- 2 or 3 worked the best, 5 would be bad.
- pre-negotiation on Equity split
- what the founders do is the culture
3: Hire People
- Are they smart?
- Do they get things done?
- Do I want to spent a lot of time around them?
- Animal description: you need be able to describe your people as one animal.
- M.Z's comments: he would hire people that a: he would spent time to social with them; b: he would be comfortable reporting to.
- after hire the best, keep them around: make employees feel happy and valued
- reputation goes to team, while you take the responsibility.
- 1n1 with employees matters.
4: Fire fast
- creating the office politics
* 5: CEO 5 jobs: what the founders do makes the culture * vision * money * Evangelize * hire and manage * make the company except ####Can you get things done? * focus: * where you spend your money and time * what's are the most important 2 or 3 things. * say no a lot * set overarching goals, reapeat them * communicate * Intensity * everytime you talk them them ,they get new things done. * they show up a lot * Momentum: keep growing, or die * setting an operation rhythm: * shipping product * launching new product * reviewing/reporting metrict, milestone * don't spend more money than you have.